Policy & Privacy
Big Hit Entertainment And Source Music Entertainment Co., Ltd. (hereinafter, referred to as “Company”) values the personal information of the audition applicants (hereinafter, referred to as “Applicant”) and abides by the Personal Information Protection Act and the Act on Promotion of Information and Communications Network Utilization and Information Protection, Etc.
1. Personal Information Collected
The Company is collecting following personal information for the submission of audition application, the selection of successful candidates.
Name, date of birth, address(Country, City), e-mail address, mobile phone number, sex,
Heigh, SNS ID, Messenger ID
Automatically generated/collected information when applying for audition
Record of use (time of use), connection IP information, cookie, etc.
Information collected when e-mail inquiry is received
E-mail address, Name
- Personal Information Collection Method: Through homepage (preparation of audition application) and cookie
2. Purpose of Collecting and Using Personal Information
Company uses the personal information collected for following purposes;
- To decide, notify, and announce the successful candidates of the audition;
- To check whether the Applicant has applied for more than once;
- To announce the audition;
- To handle complaints and grievances.
3. Period of Retaining and Using Personal Information Collected
In principle, the Company immediately destroys the personal information after the purpose of collecting and using the information is achieved. Notwithstanding the foregoing, if the period of retention and use of personal information that the Applicant has consented to has not expired and in following cases, however, the Company will retain the personal information for the period as prescribed under applicable laws and regulations if any personal information is required to be retained under such applicable laws and regulations;
- Personal information required to be retained under Company’s internal policy: 3 years (to prevent illegal or unauthorized use, notified when the audition is held)
- Records relating to website visits such as access log: 3 months (Protection of Communications Secrets Act)
4. Procedures and Methods for Destruction of Personal Information
In principle, the Company immediately destroys the personal information after the purpose of collecting and using the information is achieved. The destruction procedures and methods are as follows;
- Destruction Procedure
The information that the Applicant provided to apply for the audition is transferred to a separate database (DB) (separate document box for paper) after the purpose of such information is fulfilled, stored for a fixed period of time based on the Company’s policy and the reason for information protection pursuant to related laws (refer to Period of Retention and Use of Personal Information), and destroyed. The personal information transferred to a separate DB is only retained and not used for other purposes unless otherwise required by law
- Destruction Method
The personal information saved in an electronic form is deleted in a technical method which disables the regeneration of the records. The personal information printed out on the paper is shredded by shredder or burned to destroy.
5. Provision of Personal Information
The Company will not provide the Applicant’s personal information to third parties except the following cases;
- The Applicant has consented to the provision in advance;
- It is required by the provisions under related laws.
Currently, the Company is not providing the Applicant’s personal information to a third party and will go through legitimate procedures as set forth in the relevant laws and regulations.
6. Information about the protection of children's information
Children under 14 years of age is not eligible to apply for the audition.
7. Rights of Applicant and Method of Exercising Rights Thereof
- The Applicant may inquire or modify his or her own information at any time or also request for correction.
- For the inquiry and correction of the personal information of the Applicant contact our Personal Information Protection Manager in writing, via telephone or e-mail for immediate action.
- In the event that the Applicant requests for the correction of the errors in the personal information, the personal information will not be used or provided until the correction is completed.
- The personal information deleted upon the request made by the Application will be handled as specified in the “Period of Retaining and Using Personal Information Collected” and peruse or use of the information for other purposes will be strictly prohibited.
8. Installation, Operation and Refusal of Instrument for Automatic Personal Information Collection
A cookie is a very small text file that the server saved to the user’s computer through the user’s web browser from the website the user accesses. When the user revisits the website later, the website’s server reads in the information in the cookie stored in the user’s computer to maintain the environment in which the user uses the service as configured by the user to enable convenient use of the internet services. Also, the information of the service used, the time the user accessed the service and the frequency, the information generated or provided (entered) in the course of using the service may be analyzed to provide the services (including advertisements) tailored to the preference and interest of the user. The user has the right to use or disuse the cookie and may configure the options of the web browser to accept all cookies, have the browser ask whether to accept cookies each time, or block all cookies. However, refusing to install cookie may lead to difficulties in using the services.
How to Block Cookies
- Ex: The Applicant may configure the options of the web browser that he or she uses to accept all cookies, have the browser ask whether to accept cookies each time, or block all cookies
- Example (Internet Explorer): Go to Tool on the top of the web browser > Internet Option > Personal Information and choose the option.
- However, refusing to install cookie may lead to difficulties in using the services.
9. Technical/Administrative Measured for Personal Information Protection
(1) The Company has prepared and applied the following technical measures to secure the safety of the personal information and prevent loss, theft, leakage, falsification, or damage in handling personal information of the member;
- The personal information of the member is protected by password and encrypted information. However, the password or the personal information of the member can be easily known to others in various ways such as the use of internet in a public place, and it is critical that they are protected thoroughly. You must not reveal or provide your personal information to others and must take responsibility in protecting your own personal information. The Company will not be held responsible for the problems arising out of the individual member’s mistake or the basic risks involved with the internet.
- Member’s personal information is basically protected by password and encrypted information, files and transmitted data are encrypted, and important data are protected through a separate security feature.
- The Company uses a vaccine program as a measure to prevent damages that may be inflicted by computer virus, and the vaccine program is updated regularly. In the event that there is a virus outbreak, the corresponding vaccine will be provided immediately as it is available to cure the virus and prevent the infringement of personal information.
- The Company adopted a method capable of transmitting the personal information through the network using safe encryption algorithm for its services.
- The Company adopted a system which detects and blocks infiltration from outside to monitor and manage the personal information around the clock in order to prevent the leakage or the damage of the member’s personal information due to hacking and virus. The infiltration detection and blocking system are duplexed against possible unexpected crisis.
(2) The Company is well aware of the importance of the personal information protection and has made all-out efforts to protect personal information by restricting the number of employees in charge of handling personal information and training them through the Personal Information Protection Manager periodically. The Company also regularly checks the conditions specified in this policy and whether they are observed by the staff concerned to correct or improve any breach and take other necessary actions.
10. Complaints Relating to Personal Information
The Company has designated a department and personal information manager as follows in order to protect customer’s personal information and cope with complaints relating to personal information;
Personal Information Protection Manager (Chief Privacy Officer)
|Jung Woo Jang|
|Dae Yeon Won|
The Applicant may report any personal information related grievance that inflicted on the Applicant while using Company’s services to the Personal Information Protection Manager or the responsible department. The Company will provide a prompt and sufficient response to the reports of its Applicants.
If you wish to report a case of personal information infringement or need a consultation, please contact following institutions;
Center for Reporting Personal Information Infringement
Supreme Prosecutors’ Office High-tech Crime Investigation Division
National Police Agency Cyber Bureau
11. Transfer of Personal Information Abroad
Consent to the Transfer of Personal Information Abroad due to the Use of Overseas Server
ㆍ Information Transferred
Name, date of birth, address, e-mail address, mobile phone number, sex, messenger ID
ㆍ Country Transferred to, Date and Time, and Method
Country: Regions covered by Amazon Global Cloud service (Seoul)
Date and Time: When the Applicant applies for an audition
Method: Transfer data to the server located in the Global Cloud area through a security enhanced private network
Title: Amazon Web Services, Inc. (Person in Charge: Stephen Schmidt)
Contact: Address: 410 Terry Avenue North, Seattle, WA 98109-5210 / Telephone: (206) 266-1000
ㆍ Purpose of Transfer
To provide the Global Cloud service to carry out auditions
ㆍ Period of Retention and Use
In principle, the Company immediately destroys the personal information after the purpose of collecting and using the information is achieved. However, the following information is retained for the specified period of time for following reasons;
a. Membership Information
Information Retained: Name, date of birth, address, e-mail address, mobile phone number, sex, messenger ID
Period of Retention: 3 years from the application date to prevent illegal or unauthorized use of audition and announce the audition
b. Consultation Information
Information Retained: E-mail address
Period of Retention: 3 years from the consultation request is received, to handle complaints and errors
12. Notification Duty
13. Your California Privacy Rights
Although we do not disclose to any third parties for their marketing purposes any personally identifiable information, confirm California residents are entitled to receive the following disclosure information under California law:
Under California Law, California residents have the right to request in writing from businesses with which they have an established business relationship, (1) a list of the categories of personal information, such as name, address, e-mail address, and the type of services provided to the customer, that a business has disclosed to third parties (including affiliates that are separate legal entities) during the immediately preceding calendar year for the third parties' direct marketing purposes, and (2) the names and addresses of all such third parties. We will respond to such written requests within 30 days following receipt at the e-mail or mailing address specified below under “Contact Us”. If we receive your request at a different e-mail or mailing address, we will respond within a reasonable period of time, but not to exceed 150 days from the date received. Please note that we are required to respond to each customer only once per calendar year.
14. “Do Not Track” Signals under California Online Privacy Protection Act (CalOPPA)
Please note that our Website and Service do not support "Do Not Track" browser settings and we do not currently participate in any "Do Not Track" frameworks that would allow us to respond to signals or other mechanisms from you regarding the collection of your personal or non-personally identifiable information.
Enforcement Date: Sempember 9, 2019